Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Time to Shine!

I am managing the most talented person I have ever met in my life. This Sunday Minnie Dee will be performing at Arlene's Grocery (95 Stanton St New York, NY) at 8:30 pm. I would love to see all my friends there. Not only to see Minnie, but to celebrate 2011 and all the wonderful things we have accomplished in our lives this year. As we move on to 2012 I want you to keep in mind the lyrics of one of my favorite songs by Minnie...here are they are:





Time to Shine by Minnie Dee



She smiled

as though

she had a secret

deep inside her soul.

The grin

of someone

who knew exactly

what they were looking for

la, la,la,la,la,la.

She smiled

as though

she was never coming down

off that track

then she turned the corner

and she knew there was no looking back,

and there was no more sun

and there was no more sun.


And I

can't stop

thinking about what it means to shine,

and I

can't stop

thinking about what it means to shine,

it is time, it is time.


VERSE:

New day bright mind

gonna hit the ground running.

She smiled

felt good

even though she didn't what was coming yea,

la, la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la

No more

crystal ball were needed,

she new that she finally found the secret,

and there was sun oh oh oh and there was sun


CHORUS:

And I

can't stop

thinking about what it means to shine

and I

can't stop

thinking about

what it means to shine

and I

can't stop

thinking about what it

means to shine it is time, its time.


BRIDGE:

Take a look into the sky,

don't ask no questions why,

all you need to know

its time to shine.


Take a look into the sky

don't ask no questions why

all we need to know it is time to


CHORUS:

Can't stop

thinking about

what it means you shine, shine, shine

and I

can't stop

thinking about what I means to shine, shine shine

and I

can't stop

thinking about what It means to shine it is time it is time.


It's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, IT IS. It's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time, it's time,

IT's TIME TO SHINE


xo




No comments:

Post a Comment